Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review: The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch



First eye mask review! The criteria I have for eye masks is similar to sheet masks. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my under eye and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my under eye after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 30-40 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my under eye then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my under eye. 

When I went inside The Face Shop store in Korea, this eye mask caught my eye. Not because it had great design, but because the eye mask was packed in packages of literally 300 eye masks. It was like a huge cube. The salesperson said this was a very effective eye mask and customers come in and buy them in hoards of...300. Since the fine lines under my eyes were starting to bother me, I decided to buy a package myself. I had to keep asking and asking until I got the smallest package that the salesperson was willing to give me, which turned out to be 20 pairs of eye masks.

Description (taken from the package):
  • For thoroughly moisturized, firm eye area
  • Couldn't find anything on the official website or Sasa so here is a photo of the back...in Korean
  • The diagrams seem to say put it on, leave for 30-40 minutes, pat remaining essence to enhance absorption

My impression:


I tried this during August but forgot about reviewing it until now. During the summer, I was diligent and wore it twice a week for 3 weeks but now that school has started I haven't been consistent with my masks. But I'll review this on its effects back when I was using it regularly twice a week.

I don't have wrinkles or crow's feet yet, but I do have fine lines immediately underneath my eyes. So I put this directly beneath my eyes, unlike the diagram which puts it at a slight distance away (or perhaps the diagram is not to scale?)

There's two sides of this, and you put the smooth side on your skin. The other side has some white net. If you are not sure, just scratch it lightly with your fingernails and you will feel the difference between the sides.

Like what many reviewers have said, after 30-40 minutes, I noticed that the thickness of the eye mask gel patch got thinner. Nothing like a visible sign that the material got absorbed to make customers happy. Full points for absorption.

I do have eye bags so adherence can be a problem for me when it comes to eye masks. But this mask was a very thin and flexible patch and so I could pretty much put it in any orientation I want under my eye and it still adhered to my under eye very well. I also tried a few eye gel masks that I will review later on that were thicker, and those were not very adherent at all.

Immediately after taking it off, I found that this eye mask took away ALL of the fine lines right under my eyes. From summer until now, I've tried out several eye creams, including Laniege Water Bank Eye Gel, Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen Eye Serum, Skinfood Royal Honey Eye Cream, all of which are supposed to target fine lines either through hydration or collagen. Laniege Water Bank and Skinfood Royal Honey were completely ineffective, and Skinfood Gold Caviar Double Collagen was sort of effective in that it halved the depth of my fine lines. Now I understand why this product is popular enough to be packaged in packs of 300.

BUT, that effect does not last long. It lasts a day, but after that, the fine lines are back. So technically, if I wanted my fine lines to always go away "forever," I would have to put this mask on everyday. Financially, that would be impossible especially if I buy it on eBay. And I wouldn't have the time and energy to put this on everyday for 30-40 minutes. Though it is one of the more comfortable eye masks I've tried, because I have to put this so close to my eye, it does stick out whenever I have to look down.

So for those who may have more serious fine lines, wrinkles or crow's feet, this eye mask may be more useful since the salesperson was saying how popular this product is. I think I'll use this on days when I need to look good the next day or when I have a bit of time on my hands, but meanwhile I'll continue my search for a good anti-wrinkle/firming eye cream/mask

Summary:

Only product to have taken away all my fine lines
Absorbs well and evidently, adheres well and comfortably
Duration of action is only a day

$6 a pair on eBay

Grade: 4/5 because it's the only product so far to take away all my fine lines, absorbs well, adheres to my skin VERY well no matter how I put it on my eyes, but I have to put it on for 30-40 minutes and the effects only last a day

Value: 1/5 because it's 6 bucks a pair and if I had to use this everyday I'd be broke in 2 weeks

Repurchase? No, I'll be trying out other eye creams and masks

No comments:

Post a Comment