Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam



I've been alternating this with Skinfood's Black Sugar Scrub Foam, because I was afraid scrubbing my face day and night would do more harm than good. So I use the Egg White Pore Foam in the morning and the Black Sugar Scrub Foam at night. My large pores on my face is one of my big concerns and since Skinfood's Egg White Pore Mask was such a success for me, I thought I'd try out this foam.

Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • A pore-refining cleanser with egg white extract that deep-cleanses pores with white foam.
  • Egg white, enriched with alumin, promotes firmer skin and smaller pores.
  • Dispense an ample amount onto wet palms and lather. Rub face thoroughly in gentle massaging moitions, and then wash off with lukewarm water. Splash on cold water for astringent effects.
My impression:

Okay, so I lied. I said before that Skinfood's Egg White Pore Mask was the only thing that I've tried to actually visibly reduce the size of my pores. I've seen the appearance of my pores minimized after using this cleaner. BUT it definitely doesn't decrease my pore sizes as much as the mask. But I guess I can't expect a foam that I barely leave on for a minute to be as effective as a mask that I leave on for 20 minutes. So if I think about it that way, then the foam is quite effective.

However, I will give it full credits for cleaning my face well. I put on quite a bit of products at night. Recently I've been putting on Sulwhasoo's First Care Serum, Skinfood's Gold Caviar Collagen Serum and Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Sleeping Mask. When I wake up, most of it has absorbed but I can still feel it on my face, especially ever since I started using the Collagen Serum. I use this Egg White Pore Foam on my face, massage it around a few times, and when I rinse with water my face feels squeaky clean (sometimes literally) but without the feeling that it's stripped of moisture. When I proceed to my toner, I also use it as a test to see if my cleanser cleaned my face well by looking at if there is any dirt picked up by the cotton pad. Every time I've used this, the cotton pad is as white as before I wiped it on my face.

Summary:

Deep cleanses my face making me feel squeaky clean
Didn't really notice a difference in appearance of pore size
$12.14 for 150ml

Quality: 4/5 because it deep-cleanses and minimizes my pores but not as much as the mask

Value: 4.5/5 because I need less of this each time than the Black Sugar Scrub Foam and its effect as a cleansing foam is not bad

Repurchase? I might try some other pore cleansers to see if they do a better job at minimizing the appearance of my pores. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment