Monday, September 17, 2012

Review: TonyMoly Floria Whitening Sheet Mask


If anyone has been to the tourist spots in Korea, you will recall that there are girls outside cosmetic stores trying to lure you in with freebies. When I was passing TonyMoly's store, the girl outside was giving out whitening masks as freebie. Since whitening is one of my top concerns so I'm always interested in try out new products, I took the bait and went inside the store! I ended up buying three TonyMoly eye masks. I used one while I was in Korea and I haven't used the other two yet. Will get to trying and reviewing them another time.

When I use a sheet mask I look for several things. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my face and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my face after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 25-30 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my face then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my face. 

Description (taken from the actual package):
  • Youthfully radiant skin and blooming face made by magically pure and whitening prism of Floria
  • Tear open and apply to face, leave on for 10~20 minutes and then remove

My impression:

I actually wasn't planning on putting a mask on today, but I looked at my face when I got home after class and realized that it looked very dark and dull. Not the tanned kind of dark, but the stressed, lack of sleep, lack of radiance kind of dark. I knew I needed something to help give my skin a boost so I randomly chose this sample whitening mask.

After putting toner on, I put on this mask for around 25 minutes. And the results were good! Better than I expected because I never knew much about TonyMoly's skincare products. My face was moisturized, not dull anymore, and that stress-lack-of-sleep darkness had mostly gone away. I don't think it suddenly made me look radiant or that I slept for 12 hours the day before, but for a one-time mask, I believe its results were sufficient.

It adhered to my skin well, it's a fabric type like HadaLabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Mask so I find that better than the thick plastic texture sheet masks like Etude House Darling Snail Sheet Mask and The Saem Chaga White Liposome Mask. It has quite a lot of mini cuts at the ends of the mask to make sure it can conform to the shape of your face without creating air bubbles which I liked.

I could tell that it absorbed because by the end of 25 minutes some parts of the fabric were dryer than the ends that reached beyond my face and touched my hair.

The only complaint about this is that it left my face really sticky. It's been 5-6 hours since I put the mask on and it's STILL sticky. I felt a bit sticky too with HadaLabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Mask but not to this extent and not this long!

Summary:

Skin was moisturized, brightened and less dull
Fabric sheet had folds to conform to face shape
Left my face really sticky for a long time


Grade: 4/5 whitened my skin pretty well for a one time mask

Value: N/A I can't find this on eBay or Sasa! Weird.. were they using tourists as guinea pigs for their new product?!

Repurchase? I might, if it ever goes on sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment