Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: The Saem Gem Miracle Black Pearl Oxygen Bubble Mask



I got 3 samples of this from my The Saem mask purchases in Korea and thought it worked well so I bought the whole bottle on eBay. This is The Saem's best selling product, but I think this brand is still fairly new so it was harder to find sellers compared to those for Skinfood, Missha, Etude House, and so on.


Description (taken from yesstyle ):
  • Oxygen bubble(O2) and black pearl brightening + detoxing + exfoliating & waste elimination + pore tightening + skin luster! A wash-off type mask with 5 effects, and anti-stress & brightening function.
  • Brilliant black pearl of Tahiti / Peral powder provides a systematic and continuous supply of nutrition and moisture to damaged skin and has excellent whitening effects all while controlling the oil/water balance and the metabolism of the skin to maintain transparency and resiliency.
  • Giga-White: With 7 organically grown herbal ingredients, it is excellent for exfoliating and waste adsorption, and alleviates pigment deposit and improves skin tone for a brightening effect.
  • Papaya extracts: A nontoxic substance with excellent exfoliating effects by containing natural protease & papain, makes it the most effective natural agent for exfoliating care
  • After cleansing, pump a moderate amount and spread all over the face with a 2mm thickness, avoiding the eye area. When oxygen bubbles are sufficiently developed, massage the bubbles and then rinse-off with slightly warm water


My impression:

From the description it seems like this mask does all sorts of wonderful things, which it may, but I mostly bought this mask for its brightening effect. It might also exfoliate and provide control oil balance but I used a bunch of other products just for that so I wouldn't be able to tell if any of it was attributable to this bubble mask.

This mask does brighten. I don't know if there's any difference between the brightening of this mask compared to other masks but I like it because this mask is quick. I put it on and leave it on for less than 10 minutes and then I can wash it off or go shower. When I feel that my skin looks dull or stressed, I use this mask and I find that my skin does look better afterwards. And I admit, the fact that this bubbles on my skin right after I put it on gives me a nice feeling as if it's doing something to my face that other masks cannot. But that's probably just me thinking out into space. 

Summary:

Brightens dull skin
Quick mask that can be done when you don't have that much time
$20 for 50g on eBay

Quality: 4/5 for the fact that it brightens and can be done quickly

Value: 4/5 because the 50g will last awhile

Repurchase? Yes because of the efficiency/convenience of the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment