Friday, August 12, 2016

Review: Innisfree Apple Juicy Liquid Foaming Cleanser


I got these samples from an Innisfree store. I don't trust buying samples anymore ever since we've had an Aritaum store open up in my city that actually sells high-end Korean cosmetics and I've noticed a difference in scent and texture in some of them. So from now on I'll only review (and use, quite frankly) samples that were given to me at a retail store.

Anyway, I'm not a particular Innisfree cleanser fan. I tried the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam but it was nothing compared to the Skinfood Egg White Pore Form that I use in my morning skin routine. But I do quite like the Innisfree apple juicy liquid line as I use their makeup remover Innisfree Apple Juicy Emulsion Lip & Eye Remover now in my daily routine. So I thought I'd give this cleanser a try.

Description (from innisfreeworld.com):
  • A liquid, deep-cleansing foam that gives your skin a smooth and healthy glow 
  • 1. Rich, delicate bubbles interact for effective, deep cleansing. 
  • 2. Organic acids and vitamins from apples remove dead cells from the surface of skin and open pores for effective, deep cleansing. 
  • 3. Enjoy the sweet and sour scent of apples!
  • Free from: mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, synthetic colorants, and imidazolidinyl urea
  • Squeeze some foam into your hands and create a lather. Massage the foam into your face and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
My impression:

I think the last point in the description was either lost in translation or translated incorrectly. There is no foam to squeeze out as this liquid foaming cleanser comes out as a clear liquid. It's quite watery, which is what I don't like about it because it runs off your hands. It also doesn't foam very well. Add those two together and you've got to use a lot of product each time you wash your face, especially if you're like me and you use a Clarisonic Mia 2.

I only got one sample of this, and since it was so runny I could only get 2 usages out of this. Other than the nice apple scent, I really didn't see any reason to choose this cleanser over others. I didn't break out or anything and I had no clogged pores, so from that standpoint it seemed to clean well. But I didn't really feel like my face was clean. I felt like most of the cleanser dripped off my face as I was trying to make it foam! And because it doesn't foam well, it was hard to make sure I covered all aspects of my face with the cleanser. It's just not user-friendly, especially compared to other cleansers in this price range, like the Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam or Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam Moist.

So naturally, I won't be buying a full sized version of this.

Summary:

Very runny, feels like it drips off my face as soon as I put it on
Doesn't foam very well either
Not user friendly!
$9 for 150ml at sephora.com

Quality: 3/5 because I don't feel like much of the cleanser went on my face. I felt like it just dripped down my face because it was so runny!

Value: 2/5 because you need to use A LOT for a foam to lather and for it to not drop off your face!

Repurchase? Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment